Today’s post is the first in a new series featuring real parties. You don’t have to be an event planner to throw a memorable event. It is really just about attention to detail… doing those extra little things that stand out. So let’s take a look at this ‘Behold the Turtle’ baby shower!
- Finger sandwiches filled with either Sundried Tomato Goat Cheese or Cucumber Chive Spread were cut into the shape of a turtle using a copper cookie cutter. Be sure to select a goat cheese that is made with pasteurized milk so the mom-to-be can enjoy without worry!
- Chocolate turtle candies were a sweet treat that fit right into the theme.
- The cake is one that I made, using the napkins as inspiration for the stripes. The turtle on top is hand sculpted out of fondant.
- A baby clothes line was hung on the mantle above the present area. It featured monogram items created by one of the hostesses, along with baby booties, a turtle onesie and pacifiers.
- I designed these turtle cookies to match the color scheme… bagged and tied with a blue ribbon. What a perfect little favor.
- The adorable turtle invitation is from Inviting Smiles.
- Game cards were made from coordinating scrapbook paper. Striped pencils were topped with polka dot turtles made of felt and pop sickle sticks. Could they be any cuter?
- Iced cucumber water was a refreshing spa-like treat while lime sherbet punch added to the sugar rush!
I hope this provides some great inspiration for you next baby shower. Questions on how to replicate any aspect of this shower… just leave a comment!