It’s easy this time of year to get caught up planning for Christmas. Before you know it, New Years sneaks up on you. This year, make a resolution to ring in the new year with style. Today’s inspiration board is a New Year’s party filled with silver and purple glam. It’s sure to help you get the party started. 4… 3… 2… 1….
- Treat your guests with a cake that is perfectly elegant and festive. Fondant circles are painted with edible silver and strategically placed in straight rows on a gray background. Little pops of purple add a delightful contrast. I’d love to credit the artist behind this cake, but unfortuantely I don’t know who made it. Photo via Project Wedding.
- Create a stunning centerpiece with glass apothecary jars from Crate & Barrel. Fill with silver ornaments or white candy. Wrap a garland of silver beads around the base to add a touch of sparkle and shimmer.
- Every hostess needs a fabulous dress and you’ll be set with this silver ruffle dress from Banana Republic.
- Serve up indulgence in a bite-size treat. Chocolate Truffles. Find a great recipe here on Martha Stewart. Her recipe calls for triple sec or framboise, but I prefer to use strong coffee or espresso.
- Have plenty of Champagne on hand for a toast at midnight. Another fun option is to serve Prosecco which is a sparkling Italian white wine.
- Make your guests feel like a kid again with purple cotton candy. This mouthful of sweet air served up in martini glasses is sure to please.