Real Party: Farewell Luau

We’re back after a long holiday weekend with a real party that is all about summer fun.  Lindi Haws, of lovetheday designs, sent over this cheery event she created for friends who were moving to Hawaii.  This festive Farewell Luau is sure to make you want to get out and enjoy the sun.
Hawaiian Luau Party

Hawaiin Luau Party

I just love the bright colors and tropical feel created by the netting backdrop and pineapple vases.  Very clever!  Treats included coconut macaroons, lemon bundt cake, lime cupcakes with coconut frosting, chocolate covered pretzels, pineapple juice, sorbet, otter pops and Gatorade.  Doesn’t this party just make you want to be outside?  This summery theme would also be perfect for a pool party or summer birthday party.

Special thanks to Lindi for submitting this charming event.  You can get the full scoop on this party on Lindi’s blog.  And be sure to check out her adorable party printables in the lovetheday Etsy Shop.

Carrie Sellman is the Founder & Editor of The Cake Blog. Her work has been published in BRIDES Magazine, Country Living Magazine and featured on TLC, DIY Network, The Cooking Channel, Glamour and more.

Comments

Cathy says

It’s an extremely gorgeous party and looks very well-thought out, but I’m still not sure about this trend of labeling everything we’ve been seeing lately. Does a bundt cake really need to be labeled? Seems like it’s just there to keep up a party trend rather than because it’s necessary.

Lexi says

I personally like the labels! I think it adds to the cohesiveness of a theme. I’m a big fan of little details!

Jane says

I love this party, it really makes me want to throw a Luau of my own! I checked out her blog and her parties are adorable! I have to admit I am a big fan of the labels, it ties the food into the decor, and for all but the bundt cake it tells me what I am eating. How else would I know that it was pineapple juice?

Pam says

I love the bright colors and the Hawaiian feel. Would be perfect for a pool party, which all the kids want around here!

I love this party! I especially love the food labels and bright colors. I feel like I am in Hawaii. Thanks for sharing!!!

City Sweets says

This is such a fun party for the summer time. I love all of the colors and the displays are amazing!