Everywhere you look, there are signs that fall has arrived. The crisp morning air, the leaves in shades of golden autumn, and the abundance of fresh apples. It’s the perfect time to head out to an orchard for some apple picking. How fun! And when you come home with bushels full of delicious fruit, here are some clever ways to enjoy your harvest.
- Boil up some caramel to coat your tart granny smiths. Gather various toppings for a ‘create your own’ caramel apple dessert bar. Your guests will have a ball customizing their apples with goodies such as nuts, popcorn, candy, dried fruit, crushed cookies, and chocolate! Here’s a basic recipe to get you started.
- Bake up these individual apple pies using this mold from Williams-Somoma. These little treats are just adorable… they look like something from Bakerella, but you get to cheat and use a mold!
- Create a festive ambiance with floating apple votives from Martha Stewart. No bobbing for these apples!
- Start your day off with this delectable indulgence, an upside-down apple french toast with cranberries and pecans. What a mouthful! Find the recipe here.
- Adding apples to your fall table is not only beautiful but delicious. Learn how to make your own festive apple place cards and votive holders here.
- Entertain with this fabulous French Apple Tart. The recipe is simple but the results are truly impressive. You’re bound to get oooohs and aaaahs for both the presentation and the taste. Find the recipe here.
Whether your apple abundance is fresh from the farm or straight from the grocery store…. Happy Harvest!