Real Party: Sock Monkey Birthday

Do you remember the KIA commercial from last year’s Super Bowl – the one that featured life size versions of the Yo Gabba Gabba gang and a sock monkey?  Well, my husband was infatuated with that commercial!  My favorite part was the sock monkey and now I seem to be infatuated with everything sock monkey.  So when I saw today’s Real Party I was instantly in love.  Take a look at this adorable Sock Monkey Birthday Party by Jennifer of Shutterbug and the Sweet Life.
Sock Monkey Birthday Party

Sock Monkey Birthday Party

I just love this party to pieces!  Everything from the bunting to the cupcake toppers is sock monkey inspired.  The ‘Monkey Munchies’ are such a cute favor and the glass Coke bottles fit in perfectly with the color scheme and retro feel.

Kudos to Jennifer on party well planned!  You can read more about this charming Sock Monkey Birthday Party on Jennifer’s blog, Shutterbug and the Sweet Life.  And if you’re still wondering about the KIA commercial… you can find it here.  Enjoy!

Online Cake Decorating Class

Comments

Monica says

I LOVE THE SOCK MONKEY!!!! I HAVE GOTTEN SO MANY GREAT IDEAS FOR BIRTHDAYS!!! I AM TRYING TO DO ALL MY FRIENDS/KIDS BDAY PARTIES NOW!!!

Michaela Ahearn says

Hi there,
    Your pics of the sock monkey party are great! I’m doing the same theme for my one year old son. I was wondering if you could tell me what the recipe is that goes in the jars to give out as favors?

Thanks.
    Michaela Ahearn
    copelandmichaela@hotmail.com

Natalie says

Hello,

My son is turning 1 in June and I am wanting to do the sock monkey theme. Your above ideas are so cute, I tried to go to the blog you suggested to read up on it more and it is for invited readers only it says. So could you tell me where you/they got the printed tags, banners, etc.? Please send me an e-mail if possible to HarleysMommy63010 at yahoo.com

Thanks
    Natalie

Just thought I would pop in and answer Natalie’s question (a little late though!) I made the printed tags and banners myself in photoshop! : ) Hope that helps!
    Thanks for all the kind comments! It was a fun party!

Stacey says

Hi! I also tried to visit the link posted to read more, and it is not accessable. Could you tell me where the creator purchased the banners, cake toppers and labels? My sons first birthday is coming up and this party is my inspiration.
    Stacey

Le Stinson says

Is it possible to get in touch with the person that made the labels on the jars? I’m interested in the sock monkey label that says monkey munchies. I would love to buy some.
    Thanks
    Le

April says

Jessica! Do you still have the labels you made?? I need the monkey munchies one for my son’s party! I will even pay you for them! :-)

The hostess of this party made the labels and banner herself, in photoshop. I do not believe they are for sale.

However, you can find printable sock monkey party packages HERE on Etsy from other vendors. Happy Shopping!

Chelsea says

I would like to have the file for the “monkey munchies” label on the jar if anyone has it! Thank you so much!