This week has been absolutely crazy… I apologize for my lack of posts. To make it up to you, how about I share an easy no-bake Valentine’s recipe that you can whip up over the weekend? Your special someone will have no idea how easy it was… all they’ll know is that it tastes delicious. White chocolate and strawberries, what a perfect pair!
6oz shortbread cookies
3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
9oz Green & Black’s White Chocolate
1¼ cups full-fat or light cream cheese
7oz fromage frais or crème fraîche
1 1/3 cups strawberries, coarsely chopped
- Put the shortbread cookies in a plastic bag, tie loosely or seal, and smash with a rolling pin until they resemble breadcrumbs.
- Mix the cookie crumbs with the softened butter and press firmly onto the base of a non-stick 8in springform pan. Refrigerate until needed.
- Melt the white chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of barely simmering water, making sure the bowl doesn’t touch the water, then set aside to cool.
- Beat together the cream cheese and fromage frais until smooth and thick. Add the strawberries to the cheese mixture with the cooled melted chocolate and mix.
- Spoon the cheesecake topping onto the cookie base. Level the top and chill for 4 to 6 hours or overnight before serving.
Special thanks to Green & Black’s Organic Chocolate for sharing this tasty recipe with us. Wishing you a wonderful Valentine’s Day weekend! We’ll see you back here on Monday for an extra special Valentine’s Day treat!