Over the weekend, we took my daughter to the local orchard for her first apple picking experience! She absolutely loved it and even picked several apples herself! All apples were placed into our basket via her little hands. Talk about a.dor.able! She sure does know how to melt mommy’s heart. Daddy’s too! But now, mommy has a large bushel of apples sitting on the counter waiting for the perfect recipe….
Which brought me back to this Apple Fest post from last year. Such clever ways to enjoy our apple harvest! I might even include caramel covered apples on the dessert table for Sadie’s 1st birthday party (which is in two days!! More on that soon!) So as I try my hand at some caramel covered apples today, I hope you’re inspired to try one of these Fall Apple Fest Ideas as well!
- Boil up some caramel to coat your tart granny smiths. Gather various toppings for a ‘create your own’ caramel apple dessert bar. Your guests will have a ball customizing their apples with goodies such as nuts, popcorn, candy, dried fruit, crushed cookies, and chocolate! Here’s a basic recipe to get you started.
- Bake up these individual apple pies using this mold from Williams-Somoma. These little treats are just adorable… they look like something from Bakerella, but you get to cheat and use a mold!
- Create a festive ambiance with floating apple votives from Martha Stewart. No bobbing for these apples!
- Start your day off with this delectable indulgence, an upside-down apple french toast with cranberries and pecans. What a mouthful! Find the recipe here.
- Adding apples to your fall table is not only beautiful but delicious. Learn how to make your own festive apple place cards and votive holders here.
- Entertain with this fabulous French Apple Tart. The recipe is simple but the results are truly impressive. You’re bound to get oooohs and aaaahs for both the presentation and the taste. Find the recipe here.
Whether your apple abundance is fresh from the farm or straight from the grocery store…. Happy Apple Harvest!