This month we’re helping you prep for the holidays and all of the major baking headed your way. With numerous baking related giveaways to help you update your tool kit (have you entered to win the Cupcake Stands or the Beau-coup credit yet?). Helpful tips and advice from your favorite bakers and bloggers! Not to mention new recipes, new DIY’s and a fabulously new cake series to make you merry (starting next week).
Today I’m thrilled to have my friend Melissa from MyCakeSchool.com stop by! She is always thinking up new and creative cake ideas… and then showing us how to make them! So it’s only fitting that she gives us the scoop on her favorite tools of the trade. It’s the ultimate wish-list for any cake maker! Feel free to share this post with your friends and family… if you want to drop some present hints. Let’s check out Melissa’s Favorite Baking and Cake Decorating Gadgets!!
Melissa of MyCakeSchool.com tells us about her favorite baking gadgets….
I love baking and cake decorating gadgets and so it was hard for me to choose just a few favorites to share. Here are some tools that have made my baking and decorating life much easier!
1. Digital Scale : We love our scale. Weighing your dry ingredients will allow you to follow recipes with accuracy and will give you the most consistent results.
2. Turntables : My cake decorating life changed when I bought my first turntable! I have two. My Wilton Trim and Turn (extremely affordable), and my “fancy” turntable which is an Ateco and spins effortlessly.
3. FMM Multi Ribbon Cutter : This tool is such a time saver. I use it to cut uniform gum paste and fondant ribbons for borders, bows, stripes, etc. The spacing can be easily adjusted!
4. KitchenAid Stand Mixer : I love my KitchenAid! It is an investment, but well worth it! We use our 5 qt. most often.
5. Agbay Cake Leveler : If you struggle with leveling and torting your cakes, this tool is for you! Again, it is an investment, but works amazingly well. I just bought an Agbay Junior (smaller version) and love it!
6. The Mat : The Mat is a lifesaver when it comes to covering cakes with fondant. I especially love mine for covering larger cakes!
7. BakeWise : The Hows and Whys of Successful Baking by Shirley Corriher. One of my favorites! This is a wonderful book which not only includes a huge number of recipes, but more importantly, I love that it explains the science behind baking. It is my go-to for troubleshooting.
I absolutely love seeing Melissa’s go-to tools! Don’t you? I think I just fell in love with a few new gadgets! Thank you, thank you to Melissa of MyCakeSchool.com for stopping by today and sharing her Favorite Baking and Cake Decorating Gadgets!!