BAKING TIP: Reshape Cupcake Liners

I know this has happened to all of us at some point… you’ve found the perfect liners to accessorize your pretty little cupcake.  You’re all set to bake when you realize that your cute little liners aren’t so perfect anymore.  They are all wonky.  Yes, I do think wonky is the technical term for this!  Your wrappers, which were once nice and perfectly round, are now oblong, flat and just out of shape.  Sure, you can go ahead and pop them into your cupcake pan and bake away.  But your cupcakes will have that funny dimple at the top edge.  And that’s just not fair to you or your cupcake.  But have no fear because Renata of Lovely Cakes in Norwalk, CT is here with a quick fix!  She’s going to teach us how to whip those cupcake liners back into shape.

How to Reshape Cupcake Liners  |  by Lovely Cakes on TheCakeBlog.com

Renata of Lovely Cakes explains:

“The problem with misshapen liners is that the batter is not strong enough to push it back in place and the cupcakes will also bake misshapen.  I use two round cutters to solve the problem.”

How to Reshape Cupcake Liners  |  by Lovely Cakes on TheCakeBlog.com

HOW TO FIX MISSHAPEN CUPCAKE LINERS
a BAKING TIP from Lovely Cakes

Tools:

1 ¾” Round Cutter
2 ¼” Round Cutter

STEP 1:  Place the liners on top of the larger cutter and place the smaller cutter inside the liner and push it down.

STEP 2:   Let it sit for a few hours.  Once you remove the liners from the cutters they will be perfect again!

How to Reshape Cupcake Liners  |  by Lovely Cakes on TheCakeBlog.com

VENDORS & CREDITS
Tip provided by:  Lovely Cakes

Online Cake Decorating Class

Comments

Martha T says

Well, isn’t that a clever solution to a very irritating problem! Thanks so much for sharing. I never would have thought of trying it.

Thank you for that great tip! When I get my liners, I store them inside a small foam or plastic coffee cup. I push them down just enough so that the accordions compress and they are nice and tight when I pull them out to bake.

that is so cool!! Gosh, if I only could of think of this!!! Believe me, I’ve had so many like these and ended up in the trash! LOL!!!
    Well, problem solved!!! Thank you for the tip Carrie!!!! :D

Don’t thank me… thank Renata of Lovely Cakes! She is the genius behind this tip.

It was a pleasure working with her on this post and I’m thrilled to see how much you all love her idea. Thank you Renata!!

Lyn says

Fabulous tip! I have previously been giving all my wonky cupcake liners to grandson to stick on paper and make into flowers!

Megan says

FABULOUS! Don’t suppose you have any tips as to why some of my cupcake liners pull away from the cupcake after baked and cooled? SOOOOOO frustrating!
    Thanks

Gill says

Greetings from the U.K. and many thanks for the tip re. the cupcake cases. A bane of my life, the cases seem to have a life of their own, but hopefully now I can get it sorted.

Leigh Smith says

I would love a Permanent way to store my cupcake liner collection that keeps them in shape. Any Ideas? I’m headed out to buy the cookie cutters, but I have thousands of liners that are bent out of shape. Would a clean PVC pipe work? Or a clear pipe of something so I could still see my liners?