Today I’ve partnered with Betty Crocker™, Hershey’s® and Safeway to share a new recipe! Brownie cookies with Candy Cane Kisses frosting!
‘Tis the season for baking and cookie making! There’s nothing like a homemade gift, straight from the oven, to spread cheer to family and friends. So today we’ve got a brand new recipe for your holiday baking lineup. A soft, chewy brownie cookie is taken to new festive heights with the addition of white chocolate, peppermint and a decadent chocolate drizzle. These cookies are definitely merry makers!
This recipe is all about creating gourmet flavors without spending all day on one batch of cookies. I love to bake but this is a busy time of year! Generally speaking, my to-bake list is always a tad too ambitious and something inevitably gets cut as the days tick by. So delicious but do-able was the goal here. I headed to my local Safeway and filled my cart with everything I needed to make these over-the-top goodies. On the way out, the manager offered my daughter a coupon for a free cookie from the bakery. Little did he know we had other cookie plans!
We start with a brownie mix for the cookies – done and done. Top them with a white chocolate peppermint frosting that comes together quickly with the help of some Hershey Kisses. Yes, we’re talking the Candy Cane Kisses, melted and added directly into the frosting! With very little effort you’ve got the perfect shade of pink with flecks of red, not to mention the subtle white chocolate and peppermint flavors. The only hard part is not eating all of the Candy Cane Kisses. If you’re like me, you better buy the big bag!
Then we move on to our super sneaky shortcut for the chocolate drip. Betty Crocker’s Hershey Milk Chocolate frosting, melted and drizzled on top! You’ll love the shine of this drip and how quick it is. Just heat in the microwave and drizzle away. Sprinkle a few chopped Candy Cane Kisses on top and your brownie cookies are ready to devour. I mean share – we’re sharing here people!
CANDY CANE BROWNIE COOKIES
a recipe by Carrie Sellman
For the Brownie Cookies:
1 box Betty Crocker Fudge Brownie Mix
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 teaspoons instant espresso coffee powder, optional
- Preheat oven to 350. Line two baking trays with parchment paper.
- Combine brownie mix, oil, eggs and espresso powder in bowl. Using a wooden spoon, stir until well blended. Mixture will be quite thick, much like a cookie dough.
- Using a cookie scoop or ice cream scoop, measure out cookies onto trays spacing two inches apart.
- Bake 11-12 minutes until tops are crackled and set, watching closely not to over bake.
- Allow to cool 5 minutes and then remove to a cooling rack. Allow to cool completely before frosting.
For the Candy Cane Kiss Frosting:
1 cup butter, softened
2 1/2 cups powdered sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
18 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses
- Unwrap Kisses and place into a small microwavable bowl. Heat in microwave for 30 seconds on half power. Stir and repeat until melted. Allow to cool.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium until smooth.
- With the mixer on low, gradually add in the sugar and vanilla.
- Once incorporated, turn the mixer up to medium-high for about 2 minutes until light and fluffy.
- Add in the melted and cooled Kisses. Mix again until combined.
For the Chocolate Drizzle Topping:
1/2 cup Betty Crocker Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Premium Frosting
10 Hershey’s Candy Cane Kisses, chopped and reserved
In a small microwavable bowl, microwave frosting 15 to 20 seconds or until melted. Drizzle over cookies. Top with chopped Kisses, if desired.
Festive, delicious and perfect for this busy time of year – because ease and love are baked right in when you use Betty Crocker and Hershey’s for your holiday delights. Spread cheer this holiday season and bake up an extra batch of these Candy Cane Brownie Cookies to share with a neighbor, family member, or friend. Or give one of the Safeway’s festive recipes a try!
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Buckeye Cake
Gingerbread Latte Cake
Poached Pear & Cranberry Cake
Cranberry Orange Cupcakes
Pie Crust Cookies
Find all of our holiday recipes and tutorials in our Christmas Gallery!