DIY: Milkaholic Bottles {& Free Printables!}

When I put together the Milkaholic Baby Shower for our friends, I had no idea the overwhelming response it would receive!  So many of you have left kind comments and inquired about everything from the invitation to the food labels, patterned papers and milk bottles.  I am currently working to make the invitation available for purchase (via a third party…  more on that to come! ).  But for now, I thought we’d start off with the milk bottles.

So today we’re sharing instructions for the milk bottles along with a FREE PRINTABLE file for the labels.  Here is everything you’ll need to make some MILKaholic bottles of your own!

Milkaholic Milk Bottles DIY

SUPPLIES:

Frappuccino Bottles
Black Spray Paint
MILKaholic Labels {free printable here}
Adhesive Remover
Black Sharpie

DIRECTIONS

1. Enjoy a bottle of Frappuccino!
  2. Rinse bottle. Remove label. Spray with adhesive remover (like goo-gone) and let sit for 5-10 minutes.  Scrub off adhesive residue with a sponge or cloth.  Wash the entire bottle and lid in dishwasher.  Let dry completely.
  3. Spray paint lid black.   Let dry completely.
  4. Print Milkaholic labels on sticker paper.  Get the FREE PRINTABLE labels here.
  5. Punch out labels with 1 3/4″ circle punch.  The outer black boarder is thicker than necessary to give you some room for error on the punch.  The final label will have only a thin outer black border.
  6. Affix a label on the top of lid and front of bottle. Enjoy!

TIPS:
If your circle punch is old and dull like mine, the outer black border of the label may have some unsightly white fringe.  Before attaching label, use a black Sharpie marker to touch up any white areas. This will make your final product look more polished!

Don’t fill the bottles with milk until you’re ready to use them. The labels will wrinkle with the condensation that pools on the cold bottle!

FREE PRINTABLE Milk Bottle Labels Here!

Online Cake Decorating Class

Comments

Ms. Sweetie says

Great idea! Cheaper than buying those milk bottles I see at all these parties. Drinking SB frapp in the meantime is a treat too!

Mary says

What a great idea! I can’t wait for your other Milkaholic items to be available! I’m not sure if all Aldi’s will carry them, but our local store carries the generic iced coffee (my husband likes them!) and the lid is already black!

missteeqh says

Thank you sooo much! I’ve been scouring the web searching for old school milk bottles with lids to no avail. I’m so glad creative minds like yours are willing to share such ingenious (and frugal) decor ideas!

Jei says

I agree with missteeqh. Thanks for sharing your amazing creations. Can’t wait to try this. It will be so cute for a nice glad you are in my life gift to a cookie and milk lover!!!

Grace Park says

I love your creativity. I wish I were as creative as you guys are. So beautiful. I am so using these. Thanks so much for sharing!~

Gloria says

To help with a dull punch, punch through aluminum foil a couple of times to sharpen it! Learned it from Martha Stewart!

Mary B. says

Is the size already correct once you print these? Also, do you print on label paper? Thx!

Do you have other free printables/templates for the tent cards,the bottom of the candy favors, or favor tags? If not….could you provide them or something similar for those of us that are throwing showers on a budget?

THANKS!

walmart_gal2001 says

This is a great idea , going to use it for girls birthday cake party, using the cake plates , made them today , and fell in love with them and sure the kids will too.
    thanks for sharing with us .

Stephanie Felix says

Hey … if I can help ….. let me know where I can get all milkaholic decorating to babyshower?

These are definitely one-time use when it comes to the printables. The labels will absolutely come off with water! But the bottles can be used over and over, if you want.