Okay, I know this is completely last minute. BUT, it’s simple enough that you can still gather what you need to whip these up on Sunday. A super easy treat, perfect for mom, that tastes sooo delicious! Honestly, I can’t tell you how many of these little guys I ate during the test run. Well, I could tell you. But I won’t! Pastry, baked high until it’s incredibly flaky. Sprinkled with sugar. And inside is a single slice of strawberry. It’s almost like a little strawberry donut…. but way, way better! Bake them up and serve with a cup of coffee or tea, for an unexpectedly easy treat for mom. You’d never know it started with a frozen box of puff pastry! I won’t tell if you don’t. So why not treat mom to some Strawberry Filled Pastry Flowers on Mother’s Day!
While not part of the tutorial… I had to share this next picture! My little helper is really starting to enjoy being in the kitchen with me! Making this an extra special Mother’s Day tutorial!
PUFF PASTRY FLOWERS – A MOTHER’S DAY TREAT
1 Box Frozen Puff Pastry
egg wash (1 egg, beaten with a little water added)
- Thaw puff pastry according to package directions. Either overnight in the refrigerator or 30 minutes on counter. Unfold and sprinkle both sides with sugar.
- Cut out flowers using cookie cutter. You will use two flower cutouts for each pastry.
- Place one flower onto parchment paper on baking sheet. Place a slice of strawberry in the center. Brush edges of pastry with egg wash.
- Take another flower and cut a whole in the center or make an X in the middle with your knife. Place on top of the first flower and strawberry. Press down on outside edges with thumb to create a seal.
- Sprinkle entire pastry with sugar. Repeat for desired number of pastries. Place pan into refrigerator for 15 minutes.
- Bake at 400 for 15 – 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown. Best served freshly baked!
Wishing all of the mother’s a wonderful Mother’s Day this weekend! Enjoy!