Honey Cupcakes with Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
A delicious cupcake recipe, made from scratch, with local wild flower honey.
- Yield: 12 cupcakes 1x
For the Honey Cupcakes:
- ½ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup buttermilk
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Honey Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 3 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons honey
- yellow food coloring (optional)
- yellow sugar sprinkles
Make the Honey Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In medium bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In small bowl mix together wet ingredients: buttermilk, honey and vanilla. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Gradually add the dry and wet ingredients, alternating starting and ending with dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using ice cream scoop fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Make the Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese until combined.
- Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and continue to mixing scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Mix in honey.
- If desired, add a few drops of yellow food coloring to slightly tint the icing.
- Place the icing in a piping bag fitted with a round decorating tip and swirl the frosting on top of the cooled cupcake, going in a circular motion.
- Top with yellow sugar sprinkles.