Make the Honey Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a 12 cup muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In medium bowl mix together dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In small bowl mix together wet ingredients: buttermilk, honey and vanilla. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and sugar on medium speed until combined.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Gradually add the dry and wet ingredients, alternating starting and ending with dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Using ice cream scoop fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until toothpick inserted into cupcake comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire rack to finish cooling.
Make the Honey Cream Cheese Frosting
- In bowl of stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat butter and cream cheese until combined.
- Gradually add confectioners’ sugar and continue to mixing scraping down sides of bowl as needed.
- Mix in honey.
- If desired, add a few drops of yellow food coloring to slightly tint the icing.
- Place the icing in a piping bag fitted with a round decorating tip and swirl the frosting on top of the cooled cupcake, going in a circular motion.
- Top with yellow sugar sprinkles.