Make the Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients and milk, alternating until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Mix in pumpkin puree.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool, top with frosting.
Make the Frosting:
- Using a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the butter, Bailey’s Pumpkin Spice and one cup of the confectioners’ sugar until smooth.
- Gradually add remaining confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time. Scrape down sides of bowl as needed.
- Mix on lowest speed for 5 minutes until silky smooth and creamy.
To Assemble Cupcakes:
- Use a large round tip to pipe a circle of frosting onto your favorite pumpkin cupcake.
- Coat with chopped pecans.
- Use a large star tip to pipe a swirl of frosting to finish.
- Adorn with cinnamon sticks, if desired.