It’s cold here. It’s cold there. Everywhere it’s cold cold. So instead of whining about it like I usually do, today I’m going to embrace the cold. Well, not literally. I’m inside, bundled up in TWO sweaters, resisting the urge to turn on the gas fireplace.
And considering much of the country will receive some snow as a bonus gift with the arctic temps, let’s take a look at the happy side of winter weather. The all telling sign that school is out and the kids are at play… snowmen! Here are a few of my favorite snowman inspired treats.
- These Winter Wonderland cookies from Eleni’s are almost too cute to eat. Snowmen, mittens and sleds without the frostbite!
- Frosty the Snowman cake pops by Bakerella are so whimsical and fun, it’s hard to believe they are just a little ball of cake inside. Bakerella never ceases to amaze me.
- I love this fondant snowman who stands “King of the Mountain’ atop a wintry cupcake tower. This delightful little guy is the creation of AbbieTabbie.
- More adorable snowman cookies from Eleni’s, only these have brightly colored scarves and matching ice skates!
- This charming snowman cake, complete with a pink and orange stocking cap and matching bow-tie, is the creation of The Cake Corner. The detail work on the cap is wonderfully realistic.
- And lastly, this 3D snowman cake by the Cake Girls just screams modern whimsy. Simply flawless. LOVE it!
Now, this post is in no way meant to inspire you to go out and make an actual snowman. It’s cold out there! But if you do, bundle up and stay warm. As for me, I’ll be by the fire with some hot cocoa.