With the 4th of July holiday right around the corner, we’re gearing up for a big week here on the blog. Next week will be full of brand new and beautifully patriotic sweets. With a fabulous Red, White & Blue Cake Series that I’m just dying to share! (Similar to the 12 Cakes of Christmas back in December, but even better!) Plus a few surprises along the way. And since my mind is already in red, white and blue mode, I thought we’d head into the weekend with these little treats. I shared this recipe over on Hostess With the Mostess last July but never shared the recipe here on my own site. Hope you enjoy my Stars & Stripes Cheesecake Shots!
Cold shot glasses filled with creamy cheesecake filling, graham cracker crumbs and topped with berries. These little treats have become a staple at our family events over the last year. To give it an extra special touch for the 4th of July, I added small puff pastry stars.
STARS & STRIPES CHEESECAKE SHOTS
recipe by Carrie Sellman
4 pkg. (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/3 cup + 1T sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 tub (8 oz.) Cool Whip, thawed
8 to 10 graham cracker sheets, finely crushed
- Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla in large bowl with mixer until smooth. Gently stir in cool whip until well blended.
- Fill individual glasses half way with cream cheese mixture, either using a spoon or a piping bag fitted with a large round tip for a more polished presentation. Top with 1 tsp graham cracker crumbs. Shake glass to level crumbs. Fill to the top with more of the cream cheese mixture.
- Lightly sprinkle with additional graham cracker crumbs and top with berries. Add a star pastry for an extra fun little touch.
- Refrigerate 4 hours or until firm. Serve chilled. Makes roughly 16 mini servings, depending on the size of your serving glass.
– Use a Ziploc bag to fill glasses if you don’t have a piping bag. Just fill it partially, seal and snip off one corner. Squeeze out!
– Set out cream cheese ahead of time so that it is room temperature. This will help everything blend together and create a smooth consistency.
– Serve with a bowl of berries and additional Star Pastries for a patriotic display.
Happy Weekend everyone! Be sure to check in with us on Monday as our big Red, White and Blue week begins!!