Growing up, I was always so excited the night we decorated our Christmas tree. It was just my immediate family, but we would make an event out of it. With Christmas music in the background, we’d oooh and aahh over each ornament as we carefully hung everything from dainty china ornaments to sentimental hand-made treasures that my mother had saved over the years. Creating memories that will last a lifetime, it’s definitely a tradition worth starting with your own family.
Whether you keep it small or invite over guests, here are some ideas for your very own Tree Trimming Party.
- Keep warm and toasty with lots of hot beverages like cocoa for the kids and lattes for the adults. Get the recipe for this Peppermint Hot Chocolate here.
- Have some craft tables set up with easy to make ornaments so that each child can create their own masterpiece for the tree. Try this adorable Dangling Snowman Ornament.
- If you’re inviting guests, do it with style. This Magical Tree invitation from Tiny Prints does just the trick.
- String up some old fashioned garland using popcorn and cranberries. Super simple, just thread it together using fishing line and a needle.
- These Paper Drop Ornaments are another DIY craft the kiddos will enjoy. Learn how to make them here.
- Not all of the ornaments have to go on the tree… some can go in your tummy when you serve these charming cookies from Eleni’s. I LOVE both the large and small ornaments. Too perfect for this event.
Now throw on some Christmas carols and start decorating that tree! And don’t forget to enter our current giveaway to win $50 worth of charming party printables from Spaceships and Laser Beams!