I keep coming back to the same idea. For the last three years, I’ve written a post about picnics, specifically for Mother’s Day. I absolutely love picnics and think going on one with your family would be the perfect way to spend Mother’s Day. Winter is finely ending and spring is emerging. It’s the perfect weather for a picnic. I’m always in the mood for eating outdoors. Whether it is just sitting on a restaurant patio or actually going to the park for a picnic, you can count me in. Catching my husband in the mood for a picnic is another story. Maybe picnics are a girl thing? Well this is the first Mother’s Day since my daughter was born… I guess we’ll see if my husband has been reading.
Treat the mother in your life to a picnic this Mother’s day. Just grab some good cheese, fruit and fancy crackers. Maybe a crusty baguette. Add a blanket, a good book and an excellent bottle of wine. You’re all set for a relaxing afternoon outside. Here are some great finds from Crate and Barrel if you want to pull out all of the stops. They know how to do a picnic right!
- No need to worry about spilling your wine! Enjoy a glass outdoors with these handy Steady Stick Wine Glass Holders to hold your glass in the ground.
- This Fiesta Striped Picnic Blanket is water-resistant and rolls up tight in a convenient carrying strap.
- Bold floral graphics make these Pop Flower Plates a fun addition to any summer event.
- Keep your wine perfectly chilled with an insulated Double Wine Carrier.
- Add a touch of ambiance to evening picnics with this portable Mini Lantern that runs on batteries.
- A cooling ice-pack base in this Chill Salad Bowl enables you to transport a salad and keep it fresh and crisp.
- Add a touch of party with these Pop Flower Napkins.
- Tote all of your chow and drinks in this generously sized orange Cooler Tote.
Wishing all mothers a lovely Mother’s Day this Sunday… and maybe a picnic of your own!
Mel recipes says
Actually, these sets will also fit a great family get together. I love floral plates. They enhance appetite. I cant see the pic clearly. Are they bamboo or china? My favorite amongst your collection is the salad bowl. It comes with its own perforated ladle. If you asked me what food will go best with the set up, I will say Mediterranean chop salad (the roasted red pepper version)
A picnic would be so fun! Love those wine sticks!