Pumpkin Sheet Cake
Pumpkin Sheet Cake – easy pumpkin cake with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, made from scratch and perfect for a crowd.
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Cook Time: 35 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour 15 minutes
- Yield: one 13 x 9 sheet cake 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Cuisine: Cake
For the Pumpkin Cake:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Make the Pumpkin Cake:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Butter and lightly flour a 13 x 9 x 2 pan.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients and milk, alternating until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Mix in pumpkin puree.
- Pour batter into cake pan.
- Bake for 35-38 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cake completely cool before frosting.
Make the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until well combined.
- Gradually add in confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Spoon frosting all over cake and smooth with offset spatula. Pipe buttercream pumpkins onto cake, if desired.
- Cover cake and store in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
- I used this pan which came with a cover. The cover was tall enough that the buttercream pumpkins remained intact and undisturbed. So handy for transporting the cake!
- I used an all butter buttercream for the decorative pumpkins because the cream cheese frosting will not hold its shape as well.
Keywords: pumpkin sheet cake, buttercream pumpkins