If you’ve been counting down the days until local strawberries start to arrive in your market, your wait is over. Berry season is finally here! We kicked the season off with our third annual strawberry picking trip and now I simply can’t shake the pink-hued strawberry dreams that keep popping to mind. Now is the time to overindulge in baskets upon baskets of fresh strawberries. Red, delicious and ripe – in season strawberries just taste like summer. Their sweet yet tart bite conjures up memories of sunshine, sandals and long warm nights. I wanted to share a few strawberry recipes that have definitely earned a spot on my summer baking list. Some of these you’ve seen here on the blog before. The others have been patiently waiting on my Pinterest boards for far too long. But any of them would be devoured in no time flat. Here’s 10 Strawberry Desserts to Bake this summer.
1. Strawberry Shortcake Cupcakes by A Latte Food. Light and fluffy shortcake cupcakes filled with whipped cream frosting, dusted with powdered sugar and topped with a fresh strawberry. Recipe Here.
2. Strawberry Lemonade Cake by Carrie Sellman for The Cake Blog. A tender layer cake recipe brightened with lemon juice, lemon zest and fresh strawberries, frosted with a tangy sweet fresh strawberry buttercream frosting. Recipe Here.
3. Matcha Strawberry Cake by Tessa Huff for The Cake Blog. A light matcha genoise cake brushed with vanilla bean simple syrup, layered with sweetened berry filling, and whipped cream cheese frosting. Recipe Here.
4. Berries and Cream Cupcakes by Lindsay Conchar for The Cake Blog. Mixed berry buttercream paired with a moist vanilla cupcake stuffed with whipped cream cheese filling, topped with fresh strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Recipe Here.
5. Chocolate Strawberry Cake by Liv for Cake. This cake takes chocolate dipped strawberries to the next level with chocolate cake, strawberry frosting and drippy chocolate ganache. Recipe Here.
6. Strawberry Shortcake Trifles by Cooking Classy. Layers of sweet cake, chopped strawberries and whipped cream cheese in individual jars. Recipe Here.
7. Strawberry Thyme Cake by Tessa Huff for The Cake Blog. Lemon ricotta cake soaked with thyme simple syrup and finished with a strawberry cream cheese frosting. Recipe Here.
8. Strawberry Cookie Tart by Tutti Dolci. A brown sugar cookie crust topped with swirls of lemony cream cheese frosting and piled high with fresh strawberries Recipe Here.
9. Strawberry Swirl Cake by Simply Sweet Colorcakes on The Cake Blog. Cream cheese pound cake with swirls of strawberry glaze baked right inside. Recipe Here.
10. Strawberry Sugar Cookies by Cooking Classy. Strawberry cookies made from scratch and topped with strawberry frosting and white nonpareils. Recipe Here.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
10 Cupcakes to Bake This Summer
10 Fresh Berry Layer Cakes
Harsh sinha says
Hi CARRIE, thanks for the superb triple berries cake recipes. Berries have always been my favourite since childhood. Especially I like the strawberry and blueberry the most. I made 4th cake i.e. BERRIES AND CREAM CUPCAKES and just loved it. The combination of berries with vanilla gave very good taste.
Diego Lopes says
I love cooking strawberry desserts! Number 9 and 10 look amazing, can’t wait to try them!
Mariya Diawara says
These look so yummy! I’ll try and bake the shortcake.