Easy pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, made from scratch. A favorite fall cupcake recipe from our contributor, Lauren Kapeluck of EllenJay Events.
During the fall my pantry is always stocked full of pumpkin as my go to ingredient. I have about 12 cans of pumpkin on hand right now! Pumpkin is such a great ingredient that can be used in a variety of recipes, like a pumpkin tiramisu or pumpkin bundt cake. So this year, why not branch out from the standard pumpkin pie or pumpkin bread and mix up a batch of Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting. I guarantee all of your friends will gobble these right up!
These pumpkin cupcakes are smacked full of fall flavors featuring cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger. The cupcakes are paired with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting which is the perfect compliment to the cinnamon flavor in the cakes. I guarantee you won’t just be eating one of these at a time. After all, Thanksgiving is a time to indulge in all your favorite foods…so save room for dessert!
If you are worried about having too many things to whip up for your holiday meal, these cupcakes are super moist and can be made a day ahead of time. I do recommend waiting to make the icing until the day you plan to serve. I love how you can see the specs of cinnamon throughout the icing, not to mention the taste is amazing! I hope you are inspired to try these Pumpkin Cupcakes with Cinnamon Cream Cheese this year!
Easy pumpkin cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese frosting, made from scratch.
- Yield: 30 Cupcakes
- Category: ✽ ✽
For the Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups pumpkin puree
For the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Make the Pumpkin Cupcakes:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
- In large bowl combine dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg.
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until creamy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add dry ingredients and milk, alternating until well combined. Scrape down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Mix in pumpkin puree.
- Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter.
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove to wire racks to finish cooling.
- Once cupcakes are completely cool frost with Cinnamon Cream Cheese icing.
Make the Cinnamon Cream Cheese Frosting:
- In bowl of stand mixer, beat butter and cream cheese on medium speed until well combined.
- Gradually add in confectioners’ sugar one cup at a time, scraping down sides of bowl as necessary.
- Add vanilla and cinnamon and mix until combined.
- Place icing in piping bag fitted with a large round tip and frost cupcakes.
- Store cupcakes in the refrigerator. Serve at room temperature.
YOU MAY ALSO ENJOY:
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cupcakes
Pumpkin Tiramisu Cake
Pumpkin Bundt Cake
Pumpkin Spice Free Printable
Kitty Cat in a Pumpkin Cake