Thanksgiving is just two days away! As we celebrate a day filled with family and friends, we count our blessings for yet another wonderful year. Turkey and pumpkin desserts will flow and the holiday season will be underway. This year my family is finally within driving distance of extended relatives for the first time in TEN years. Grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins all within reach, which is such a blessing. Our house is the official destination for Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years Eve — woah — that’s a lot of hosting! Looks like I’ve got some serious baking ahead of me. Who’s with me?! So today I’ve rounded up some of my favorite tools which will certainly be put to good use over the holiday season. I love using #18 to bake bacon in the oven. Yes, you can bake bacon and it’s the best way to serve a crowd. #4 was gifted to me eons ago from my sister-in-law and continually pops up in Christmas related blog projects. #11, #12, #13 and #15 are everyday essentials on repeat this time of year with #11 being my must-have tool two years in a row now.
Chances are, Thanksgiving is only the first of many gatherings on your social calendar too. It’s the craziest, busiest, but most wonderful time of the year! It’s the time to put on some festive music, cuddle up with a warm mug of cocoa and start clicking around looking for the best Black Friday deals. I’m still amazed at what can appear on my doorstep in two days. I don’t know if I can ever go back to old-school mall shopping… Amazon Prime and Target REDCard are my lifesavers. Whether you’re shopping for a loved one or looking for ideas to give out, I think you’ll love this year’s list. Here’s 20 Holiday Gift Ideas for Bakers!
1. Celebrate 100 Years of Making with this limited edition KitchenAid 5QT Stand Mixer. Our favorite mixer in the prettiest retro blue paired with a gorgeous hobnail ceramic bowl. Find it at Williams-Sonoma HERE. Or opt for the same mixer with a stainless steel bowl to save a little cash. Find that one at Target HERE and save 5% with your REDCard (the REDCard savings really add up on a big item like this — plus you get free shipping and early access to Black Friday deals starting 11/21!)
2. Super tall cake? No problem! Tackle that frosting with a decorating comb big enough for the job, like this 10″ bench scraper! There’s even a 12″ version. Hooray for clean, straight frosting lines! Find it HERE.
3. Make an impression with these Nordic Ware Cookie Stamps. Cast aluminum stamps with wooden handles that make the cutest designs in your cookies. Go for snowflakes and gift tags with this set on Amazon HERE or opt for reindeer and ornaments with set on Williams-Sonoma HERE.
4. Good things come in small packages and these Festive Mini Cookie Cutters are proof! These cutters have appeared in numerous blog posts like our whipped cream cubes, these gingerbread cupcakes and in Friday’s upcoming post. Definitely a fun stocking stuffer or hostess gift. Find it HERE.
5. If the baker in your life is lucky enough to have a KitchenAid Stand Mixer, why not upgrade to this gorgeous Hammered Bowl. It takes leaving the mixer on your counter to a whole new level. Find it HERE.
6. This Nordic Ware Bundt Pan in metallic blue is gorgeous on its own but imagine gifting it with your favorite cake baked inside and recipe card attached. A gift for now and a gift for later! Find it HERE.
9. While we love a good Marble Pastry Board for food photography, you’ll love it for rolling out pie dough, cutting cookies and more. It’s cool surface helps keep dough from sticking which means you won’t have to use a lot of extra flour, making the final product more tender. Find it HERE.
10. With so many practical uses, these Silicone Baking Mats are at a price point that makes having several totally do-able. Or go for the tried and true Silpat Baking Mat that’s been a chef favorite for 25 years because of its performance and durability.
11. The tool I wish I had purchased 10+ years ago! Ditch the plastic turntable and upgrade to this smooth spinning, easy gliding, Ateco 612 Revolving Cake Decorating Stand. How have I lived all these years without it? Find it HERE.
12. This oval Measuring Spoon Set is perfect for measuring spices as the slender profile lets you scoop and measure directly from the spice jar! Find it HERE. And find the matching measuring cups HERE.
16. A Baker’s Kitchen Scale brings absolute precision to baking. This model lets you measure in pounds, ounces or convert to metric and the ‘bakers math’ feature allows you to easily resize recipes based on percentage. Find it HERE.
Happy early Thanksgiving – whether you stay close to home or travel to be with family or share a meal with friends or decide to hit the malls for the chaos of Black Friday – I hope you have so much fun and I hope your next few days are filled with gratitude and love.
This post contains affiliate links.