Today is National Ice Cream Day! If there’s one thing we love as much as cake around here, it’s ice cream! Because cake and ice cream are the perfect pair and were destined to be together. So I thought we’d celebrate this ice cream holiday with a little nod to the ultimate power couple. Today we’re taking a look at some of our favorite ice cream inspired layer cakes. While you won’t find any actual ice cream in these babies, you will find classic ice cream flavors baked into fluffy cake layers and creamy frostings. Layered into delectable, sliceable, serve-able, non-melting cake! Here’s 10 Ice Cream Inspired Cakes!
1. Ice Cream Cake by Miso Bakes for The Cake Blog. A whimsical novelty cake topped with ice cream cone cake pops, chocolate drips and sprinkles. Tutorial Here.
2. Banana Split Cake by Olivia Bogacki for The Cake Blog. Banana cake layered with fresh strawberry sauce, pineapple filling and finished with chocolate drips, whipped cream and maraschino cherries. Recipe Here.
3. Mint Cookies N Cream Cake by Tessa Huff for The Cake Blog. Mint buttercream sandwiched between cookie-studded cake, smothered with mint Oreo frosting, topped with drippy chocolate ganache. Recipe Here.
7. Strawberry Crunch Cake by Confessions Of A Cookbook Queen. Strawberry and vanilla cake layered with tangy strawberry frosting and finished with a crunchy sweet strawberry cookie coating. Recipe Here.
10. Orange Creamsicle Cake by Tessa Huff for The Cake Blog. Creamy, dreamy, packed with notes of citrus and vanilla and nostalgic memories of ice cream trucks. Recipe Here.