Halloween has arrived! Of course children love this holiday filled with thrills, frights and tons of candy! But what about sharing a spooky treat with your adult friends? So gather the girls and serve up this creepy cocktail… a Ruby Red Rocket Cocktail!
- 1 1/2 ounces citrus flavored vodka
- 1/2 ounce triple sec
- 3 ounces red grapefruit juice blend
- 2 teaspoons creme de cassis or raspberry liqueur
- Coarse brown sugar crystals, optional garnish to coat rims of the glasses
- Candied orange slices, optional garnish
If desired, wet the rim of a tall martini glass, then dip in the coarse brown sugar crystals. In a cocktail shaker, combine the vodka, triple sec, and juice with crushed ice. Shake well for 30 seconds, then strain into the prepared martini glass. Gently add the creme de cassis, allowing to fall to the bottom of the glass. Garnish with a candied orange slice, if desired, and serve.
Makes one drink. Recipe courtesy of Emeril Lagasse. Photo courtesy of Food Network.