Everywhere you look, there’s signs that autumn has arrived. The heat is finally breaking and lower temperatures are slowing appearing in the forcast. Football fills our weekends and the apple selection at the market is overflowing with abundance. Now is the perfect time to head out to an orchard for some apple picking! I have to admit, this is the first year in quite a while where apple picking is not on our family bucket list. Since moving to Austin, we’re still adjusting to the the lack of seasonality because fall in Texas does not feel like fall — at all. I am definitely missing my favorite season, the idea of leaves turning, jacket weather and our annual apple haul. So I will have to settle with the smells of apple and cinnamon baking in my oven to get that fall vibe flowing. Or perhaps I can live vicariously through you… share your apple picking photos with me on Instagram (#thecakeblog) and your fall baking photos too! Whether you come home with a bushel of fresh picked apples from the farm or a ginormous sack of apples from the store… here’s 10 Apple Recipes to Bake this Fall.
1. Apple Butter Cupcakes by Lindsay Conchar for The Cake Blog. A deliciously easy cupcake recipe with apple butter in both the cupcake and frosting for lots of great apple flavor. Find the recipe HERE.
3. Caramel Apple Pecan Cake by Lindsay Conchar for Life Love and Sugar. Layers of moist apple spice cake sprinkled with pecans, caramel frosting, cinnamon apples, and more caramel drizzled over top. Find the recipe HERE.
4. Apple Pie Cupcakes by Lauren Kapeluck for The Cake Blog. Fresh apple cupcakes with apple pie filling and brown sugar cinnamon buttercream frosting, topped with pie crust cutouts Find the recipe HERE.
5. Warm Apple Cakes with Salted Caramel Gelato by Carrie Sellman for The Cake Blog. Individual apple cakes with chunks of apple, brown sugar and cinnamon – served warm with salted caramel gelato on top. Find the recipe HERE.
6. Apple Pie Cake by Olivia Bogacki for The Cake Blog. A layer cake recipe with hints of cinnamon and nutmeg, fresh apple pie filling, buttercream frosting and braided pie crust lattice. Find the recipe HERE.
8. Baked Apple Donuts by Carrie Sellman for The Cake Blog. Homemade apple donuts, packed with fresh apple and apple sauce, coated with a crunchy cinnamon sugar. Baked and perfectly delicious! Find the recipe HERE.
9. Apple Crumb Cake by Carrie Sellman for The Cake Blog. A classic loaf cake with chunks of fresh apple, cinnamon and a double crumble topping. Deliciously easy and perfect for sharing. Find the recipe HERE.
MORE FALL RECIPES TO TRY: